This license is a legal agreement between you and Luis Majano & Ortus Solutions, Corp. for the use of The ColdBox Framework. By obtaining the Software you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this license. This software is bounded to the Apache License, Version 2.0.
This software is Open Source Initiative approved Open Source Software.
Open Source Initiative Approved is a trademark of the Open Source Initiative.
Permitted Use Of The ColdBox Framework
You are permitted to use, copy, modify, and distribute the Software with or without modification, for any purpose, provided that the following conditions are met:
- A copy of this license agreement must be included with the distribution.
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice in all source code files.
- You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files.
- Products derived from the Software must include an acknowledgment that they are derived from ColdBox in their documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Products derived from the Software may not be called ColdBox and ColdBox may not appear in their name without prior written permission from Luis Majano & Ortus Solutions, Corp.
- This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, without prior written permission from Luis Majano & Ortus Solutions, Corp.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the authors of the Software and any contributors for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential third-party claims, actions or suits, as well as any related expenses, liabilities, damages, settlements or fees arising from your use or misuse of the Software, or a violation of any terms of this license.
Limitations of Liability
YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE INSTALLATION AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OF THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY ARISING FROM, OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE. LICENSE HOLDERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF USE AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ITS USE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RISKS OF PROGRAM ERRORS, DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF DATA OR SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, OR UNAVAILABILITY OR INTERRUPTION OF OPERATIONS.
The content of this website, coldbox.org and its derivative websites are NOT licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0. The ColdBox framework and the ColdBox websites are two separate works. All of its assets (including content) are the intellectual property of Luis Majano & Ortus Solutions, Corp.. They are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
Commercial Use of ColdBox Logo, Web Assets, Documentation and Web Content
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- You must seek direct authorization and establish a binding agreement with Luis Majano, Ortus Solutions, Corp in order to use the ColdBox assets in commercial works.
Noncommercial, Open-Source, and Personal Use of ColdBox Logo, Web Assets, Documentation and Web Content
- Use of ColdBox Logo, Web Assets, Documentation and Content in non-commercial works (including but not limited to educational, open-source, and personal projects) is free and unlimited.
- An attribution (e.g., "ColdBox is Copyright [year], Luis Majano, Ortus Solutions, Corp") linking back to http://www.luismajano.com and http://coldbox.org is appreciated, but not required.
Terms Subject to Change
- Luis Majano & Ortus Solutions, Corp reserves the right to change these terms at their sole discretion without any obligation to notify users of any changes.