CBOX-101: Core ColdBox
Core ColdBox is our 2-day flagship intensive training course that will get you started with ColdBox even if you have no previous OO experience. The course is constructed in such manner that both gurus and novices can take advantage of our materials.
All training sessions are conducted by ColdBox core developers and experts in application development using the ColdBox Platform. This course will provide you with all in-depth knowledge necessary to succeed in designing, building and maintaining ColdBox applications. Get your technology edge and sharpen your ColdFusion skills!
The Core ColdBox course not only focuses on explaining what ColdBox is and its bounty of features, but also on fundamental web application architectural concepts. It is important to know how to use certain parts of the platform, but it is even more important to know when to use them. This course will will enhance your application toolbox and architectural skills.
Below is a list of some of the course requirements or assumptions you will need:
- Laptop or Personal Computer
- Eclipse with CFEclipse and MXUnit is preferred over any other IDE
- Basic CFC knowledge
- Intermediate ColdFusion Knowledge
- Basic understanding of web applications
You can check our video testimonials online at Vimeo ColdBox Group. There you will find a collection of training seminar testimonials and even fun activities that we, as a group enjoy.
If you would like to propose a city for the next seminar location, please do so by emailing us at email@example.com with your suggestions.
Scotch On The Rocks
|June 2-4||999.00||ColdBox BootCamp||Luis Majano||Details|
Below is the full 2 day course outline separated into the logical scheduled units. Some units may bleed into each others sections if necessary.
- Course Introduction
- ColdFusion Components
- Effective Web Application Architecture
- MVC Architecture
- Domain Model
- Service Layers
- ColdBox Platform Introduction
- ColdBox Installation
- Reference & Development Tool Installations
- A ColdBox Application Field Trip
- ColdBox Debugger
- Directory Structure & Conventions
- ColdBox URL Actions
- The ColdBox Configuration File
- The Request Context Object
- Framework Super Type
- Event Handlers
- Pretty URLs SES Routing
- The ColdBox Layout Manager
- WireBox Dependency Injection
- Model Integration
- ColdBox ORM Services
- ColdBox Plugins
- ColdBox Interceptors
- ColdBox Security
- ColdBox Event Handler Unit Testing